- What is the $250.00 registration fee used for?
- When should I arrive for the program?
- What should I bring?
- What about storage for my belongings?
- What are the 4-H Center accommodations like?
- Is my $250 fee refundable if I need to cancel?
- Do I need to bring any money?
1. What is the $250.00 registration fee used for?
The registration fee is used for food, lodging, facility rental, transportation and any group activities such as bowling, ropes courses, etc.
2. When should I arrive for the program?
Participants should plan to arrive at Willamette's campus on Saturday, August 15 between 11 a.m. and 12:30 p.m. Once your registration has been confirmed you will receive an email (to your Willamette University email address) with detailed information about the check-in process and important forms to complete and return.
3. What should I bring?
Participants are emailed a complete packing list upon registering for NSOCO. Participants should bring clothing for six days that can get dirty, shoes you can work in, a pillow, water bottle, and a sleeping bag. The items you need for NSOCO need to be packed in a separate bag before arriving to campus as you will not have time to pack once you arrive.
4. What about storage for my belongings?
You will be able to store your belongings in your residence hall room when you check-in for NSOCO. You should not plan to do any room set-up or shopping until after the NSOCO program. You will have time to set-up your room during Opening Days.
5. What are the 4-H Center accommodations like?
You will be staying in cabins at the 4-H Center. Each cabin has four bedrooms, bathrooms and shower facilities. There are bunk beds with mattresses. Bedding is not provided. You can view the center at www.oregon4hcenter.org.
6. Is my $250 fee refundable if I need to cancel?
Cancellation requests must be made in writing by July 24, 2015. The factors to be considered include emergency situations beyond your control.
7. Do I need to bring any money?
While you will not need money you may chose to bring a small amount in case you want to purchase extra snacks or souvenirs during the trip. Willamette University and the 4-H Center hold no responsibility for lost, stolen or misplaced items or money. Please remember that valuables should be kept on your person at all times when we are away from the 4-H Center.
Any other questions or information needed? Feel free to contact the Office of Community Service Learning via email at email@example.com.