- What is the registration fee used for?
- When should I arrive for the program?
- What should I bring?
- What about storage for my belongings?
- What are the accommodations at the 4-H Center like?
- Is my registration fee refundable if I need to cancel?
- Do I need to bring any money?
- Do I have the option not to participate during any of the days?
- Why did I need to choose my hikes when I completed the registration form?
- Can I change my selections once I arrive for the Steppin' Out program?
1. What is the registration fee used for?
The registration fee is used for food and facility rental at the 4-H Center, transportation costs and for the guided raft trip.
2. When should I arrive for the program?
Participants should plan to arrive on the WU campus on Saturday, August 20 time is TBD. Check in will be held at the University Center.
3. What should I bring?
Participants should bring clothing for 6 days that is packed separately from the belongings to stay in their campus housing. A specific gear list is included in your confirmation email. It should only be used as a guide and not as a checklist.
4. What about storage for my belongings?
Participants will be able to store their belongings in their residence hall rooms prior to leaving for the Steppin Out program. Students should not plan to do any room set-up on August 20th, as time will be tight (and you should wait for your roommate).
5. What are the accommodations at the 4-H Center like?
You will be staying in cabins at the 4-H Center. Cabins are arranged with bunk beds. Although the cabins are fairly rustic, they all have electrical outlets, heat, and lights. Bathrooms and shower facilities are located within 50 yards of any cabin. The grounds are spacious. Participants will be sleeping in bunks with a mattress. Bedding is not provided.
6. Is my registration fee refundable if I need to cancel?
Good question. Any cancellations up to July 22nd could be refunded. Due to the deposits and final totals for the programs accommodations, cancellations after July 22nd will not be refunded.
7. Do I need to bring any money?
Participants may want to bring some money while participating in the Steppin' Out program. I would suggest no more than $50.00. I would also suggest that you store it someplace that only you have knowledge of. Willamette University, the 4-H center, Jump Start and the Steppin' Out staff hold no responsibility for lost, stolen or misplaced items or money.
8. Do I have the option not to participate during any of the days?
All participants are expected to hike and fully participate.
9. Why did I need to choose my hikes when I completed the registration form?
We have limitations and regulations to follow from the US Forest Service as far as size of groups on the trails. This will also help us to even out the trips for enjoyment purposes.
10. Can I change my selections once I arrive for the Steppin' Out program?
Again depending on the size of the group and what is available, some participants may be able to change their assignments.
Any other questions or information needed? Feel free to contact Campus Recreation at 503-370-6812 between the hours of 8:00 a.m.–4:30 p.m. Monday-Friday.