Click on the links below for answers to many of your most frequently asked questions. Can't find what you're looking for? Stop by Office of Student Activities, located on the 2nd floor of the UC. We're open 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday.
- How do I rent a van or bus?
- When do I complete a trip form?
- What is the process for completing trip forms?
- What should I do before I leave for my off campus event?
- How can my student organization go on a retreat?
1. How do I rent a van or bus?
To rent a van, complete a Van Reservation Request Form (available in Student Activities or Facilities). Submit the form via campus mail or in person. All drivers must complete the Safe Driver Program located on the Campus Safety website. Upon completion of the online test, each driver's driving record will be checked by the Department of Motor Vehicles in their home state, which may take up to 7 business days. Plan accordingly!
Bus rentals can be obtained for your organization from First Student and various charter companies by the Facilities department. Call Craig Nordlien 503-370-6003 in Facilities or check out the Motor Pool website.
2. When do I complete a trip form?
You must complete a trip form every time your student organization takes a trip off-campus.
3. What is the process for completing trip forms?
Access the Trip Form online at the Student Activities, Campus Safety or Physical Plant websites.
4. What should I do before I leave for my off campus event?
Report any changes to the Trip Form and passenger list prior to leaving campus by calling Campus Safety. Please check the weather, especially if you are driving into the mountains, in case chains are necessary.
5. How can my student organization go on a retreat?
Check out the Student Activities website for a list of great retreat locations. Be sure to contact your advisor and get him/her involved in the process. Work with ASWU Treasurer or the Accounting Office to request funds to pay for rental fees for the retreat location and associated costs.