Click on the links below for answers to many of your most frequently asked questions. Can't find what you're looking for? Stop by Office of Student Activities, located on the 2nd floor of the UC. We're open 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday.
- How do I rent a van or bus?
- When do I complete a trip form?
- What is the process for completing trip forms?
- What should I do before I leave for my off campus event?
- How can my student organization go on a retreat?
- What is new about WU Motor Pool?
- Where can I find the new request form?
- Do I still need to complete the Trip Passenger Form?
- I submitted requests on the old form, are those reservations still confirmed?
- How can I see which vehicles are available?
- How will I know my request is confirmed?
- Can I make changes to my request?
- What will billing look like after my trip?
- Who can I contact with questions about this process or my reservation?
1. How do I rent a van or bus?
To rent a van, complete a Van Reservation Request Form (available in Student Activities or Facilities). Submit the form via campus mail or in person. All drivers must complete the Safe Driver Program located on the Campus Safety website. Upon completion of the online test, each driver's driving record will be checked by the Department of Motor Vehicles in their home state, which may take up to 7 business days. Plan accordingly!
Bus rentals can be obtained for your organization from First Student and various charter companies by the Facilities department. Call Craig Nordlien 503-370-6003 in Facilities or check out the Motor Pool website.
2. When do I complete a trip form?
You must complete a trip form every time your student organization takes a trip off-campus.
3. What is the process for completing trip forms?
Access the Trip Form online at the Student Activities, Campus Safety or Physical Plant websites.
4. What should I do before I leave for my off campus event?
Report any changes to the Trip Form and passenger list prior to leaving campus by calling Campus Safety. Please check the weather, especially if you are driving into the mountains, in case chains are necessary.
5. How can my student organization go on a retreat?
Check out the Student Activities website for a list of great retreat locations. Be sure to contact your advisor and get him/her involved in the process. Work with ASWU Treasurer or the Accounting Office to request funds to pay for rental fees for the retreat location and associated costs.
6. What is new about WU Motor Pool?
Willamette passenger vans, Enterprise and Withnell vehicles, and First Student school bus rentals are now available online through the University scheduling system, EMS.
7. Where can I find the new request form?
The form is available online at: http://emsweb.willamette.edu/virtualems/
8. Do I still need to complete the Trip Passenger Form?
For trips attended by University students, per Willamette policy, the Trip Passenger Form will still be required. http://willamette.edu/offices/safety/trip/index.php
9. I submitted requests on the old form, are those reservations still confirmed?
Yes, all requests received by Facilities Management have been processed. Unless Craig Nordlien has spoken with your directly to make other arrangements, your rental is secured.
10. How can I see which vehicles are available?
By logging on with your Willamette username and password to Virtual EMS, you may access the calendar of availability for the University owned vehicles and an abbreviated list of available vehicles from our partners.
11. How will I know my request is confirmed?
Once processed, Facilities Management will send a confirmation message to your Willamette email address confirming your rental.
12. Can I make changes to my request?
Yes, changes to rental date, time, duration, number or types of vehicle, reservation copies, and cancellations may all be made online through Virtual EMS.
13. What will billing look like after my trip?
After your trip, a complete invoice itemizing the rental charges will be provided to you via email. The document will include reference numbers for your specific reservation(s), account number for the charge, and an invoice number.
14. Who can I contact with questions about this process or my reservation?
For any Motor Pool questions you may contact Craig Nordlien at 503-370-6003 and firstname.lastname@example.org or Matt Dakopolos at 503-370-6848 and email@example.com