These resources are designed to aid you in forming and maintaining a successful student organization.
- 2016-2017 Student Organization Handbook
- ASWU Funding Precedents Visit this link to understand the precedents ASWU have made for funding. This document will be updated and is available for all student organizations to see at any time!
- Leader/Advisor Agreement Have a new advisor? After you've submitted the online Student Organization Update Form (see above), please download the attached Leader/Advisor Agreement (PDF). Review this document with your new advisor, sign it, and submit it to the Office of Student Activities (2nd floor of the Putnam University Center).
- Sample Constitution If you are looking to start a new club/organization, use this resource to understand everything that is required to go into a constitution. The most successful clubs/organizations that go through the Club Approval process use this as a template and edit it based on their specific club.
- Starting a New Student Organization This resource outlines the process for starting a Student Organization, complete with the Affiliation Form, Petition of Interest, and guidelines for writing your own Constitution and By-laws.
- Student Organization Update Form
New executive leadership? New advisor? New club name?
Complete this online form to update us of changes. (This information will go to Student Activities, Accounting, Scheduling, and others).
LeadershipAlong with the resources below, the Student Activities Interns have accumulated various tools to help students develop leadership skills. Check out their resources page to learn more about them!
- Leadership Strategies This resources has some important tips for how to be an effective student leader, complete with information about goal setting, effective meeting strategies, delegating responsibility, and more!
- Transitioning Guidelines This resources outlines the best practices for officer transition meetings and retreats.
- Approved T-Shirt Vendors This resource outlines the t-shirt vendors in the Salem area that follow Willamette's policy for Anti-sweatshop vendors.
- Guide to Programming This programming guide provides information about how to plan a successful event, complete with a checklist and timeline.
- Publicity Basics This resource outlines everything you need to know about Publicity on Willamette's campus, complete with creative publicity ideas. For policies about publicity, visit the policy section of this webpage.
- Risk and Liability Waiver If you are planning an event that requires students to participate in any activity that includes risk or liability, participants and leaders will need to fill out this waiver. Student orgs can download this file and edit the highlighted areas to reflect their event.
- Room Scheduler Looking to schedule a meeting for your organization on campus? Visit this link to view available rooms and schedule ones accordingly.
Student Activities and University Policies
- Alcohol Policy
- Anti-Sweatshop Vendor Policy
- Film/Movie Showing Policy
- Food Policy - For information about Willamette's Food policy, visit the Student Organization Handbook at the top of the page.
- Fundraising Policy
- Hazing Policy - For information about Willamette's Hazing policy, visit the Student Organization Handbook at the top of the page. To report hazing, contact the Office of Rights and Responsibilities at 503-370-6212.
- Housing Policy
No off-campus facility shall be designated as registered student organization, fraternity, sorority, or athletic team housing. All student housing shall be located on recognized university property. Any designation of an off-campus facility as a student organization, fraternity, sorority, or athletic team accommodation shall be subject to university disciplinary action according to (Standards of Conduct #19: Failure to abide by any published University policy or procedure, applicable local, state, and federal laws (including, but not limited to Housing policies, residential community agreements, and academic catalogs)).
- Non-discrimination Policy
- Publicity Policy
- Sponsorship Policy
- Travel Policies and Procedures