In July 2016, a Bearcat Bulletin article announced an updated motor pool policy.
Beginning immediately, the in-house motor pool will be phased out and most individual and group renters will switch to Enterprise Rent-A-Car. On campus vehicles through ZipCar are also still available and a good choice for short duration trips.
The change was recommended by a working group of representatives of motor pool users and University Services staff, who met throughout the spring and summer to address challenges with the continued operation of an in-house motor pool. The working group was charged with the task of identifying solutions to these challenges while considering the conveniences that on-site vans offer.
Procedures for Renting a Vehicle
Enterprise Rental Rates
|Vehicle Type||Daily||Weekly||30 days|
|Standard / Intermediate||$33.53||$167.66||$670.64|
|12 Passenger Van||$101.92||$509.60||$2,038.38|
|Pick-Ups / Cargo|
|Half Ton Pick-Up||$53.58||$267.90||$1,071.61|
Renting a Bus from First Student
- Trip Forms need to be completed for trips that require bus transportation at least 24 hours before the trip, or by 3pm on Fridays to allow for approval time.
- If you have not rented a bus before, contact the Service Center at x6000 for options.
Renting from ZipCar
- Get the SafeDriver certification if you’re a student or will be driving students.
- If you are taking students complete a Trip Form at least 24 hours before the trip, or by 3pm on Fridays for trips occurring Saturday, Sunday or Monday to allow for approval time.
- You are responsible for ensuring your participant list is accurate prior to departure.
- You may edit the trip form at any time.
- More information about renting from ZipCar.