Pedestrians always have the right of way; it is the responsibility of the cyclist to avoid pedestrians and to courteously yield the right-of-way.
Bicycles and electric scooters may be parked only in designated bike racks. Bicycles or scooters locked to railings or parked in hallways are subject to removal by Campus Safety.
Protect your bicycle
- Use a U-shaped lock, not a cable lock.
- Lock wheel and frame to the rack
- Immediately report suspicious persons around bike racks
- Register your bicycle with Campus Safety at no charge. If a suspicious person with a bicycle is stopped on campus, Campus Safety can quickly determine the owner of a registered bicycle: It is difficult to prove that an unregistered bicycle is stolen. If a stolen bicycle is subsequently recovered, it can be easily returned to the registered owner.
Motorcycles and other gasoline-powered two-wheeled vehicles are not required to have a permit and, therefore, must park in designated areas. These areas are:
- East side of Winter Street, just south of Lausanne Hall and the fire lane
- Adjacent to the Grounds building at the southwest corner of the Matthews parking lot (near foot bridge)
- In the Kaneko Commons Reserved Parking lot, near the blue emergency phone
Protect your motorcycle
- Always lock your vehicle
- Never leave valuable items with your vehicle
- Register your motorcycle with Campus Safety at no charge