Willamette University has a zero-tolerance policy regarding firearms, weapons and simulated weapons (including Airsoft-type guns). Weapons are not allowed on Willamette University property, inside vehicles, or at University-sponsored events off-campus. Possession, use, or threatened use of firearms, ammunition, explosives, or other objects as weapons is prohibited.
- Persons who possess a concealed weapons permit are NOT exempt from this policy.
- Weapons or simulated weapons used for sport, hunting, games, or any benign reason may be stored at the Office of Campus Safety by pre-arrangement.
- Anyone who observes or has knowledge of someone violating this policy should immediately report the incident to Campus Safety at 503-370-6911.
- Campus Safety officers have the right to confiscate weapons from persons in violation of this policy.
- Failure to adhere to the University's firearms/weapons policy or failure to cooperate in an investigation is grounds for disciplinary action, up to and including termination or dismissal.