ID Cards and Building Access

Your Willamette ID card (also known as the Compass Card) is a one-card system of identification, building access and campus commerce.

You MUST carry your card for:

Purchases Dining Points, Compass Cash purchases; check cashing
Events Purchase or pick up event tickets; event admittance
General ID If requested by a University official

Your ID card is programmed for building access as follows:

Your Card Will Access CLA LAW AGSM
Your residence hall X X X
Other residences in your Commons Area, 5 p.m.-9 p.m. X
College of Law * X *
Atkinson Graduate School * X
Computer lab (Ford Hall) X * X
Parking lot gates X X X
Hatfield Library 24-hour study room X X X
Hatfield Library, 10 p.m.-2 a.m. Sun-Thurs X X X
* Access on request

No after-hours academic building access without written faculty approval.

Opening Cardlock Doors with Your Card

  • Position card in the reader with the magnetic strip closest to the building and facing right.
  • Slide card rapidly through the slot from top to bottom.
  • The green light will come on and the door will unlock for about six seconds.
  • If your card will not open a door to which you should have access, contact Campus Safety.

Locked Out of Your Room?

  • 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.: Find your roommate or RA/CM; if unsuccessful, call Campus Safety
  • 5 p.m. to midnight: Page the RA, CM or URep on duty
  • Midnight to 8 a.m.: Call Campus Safety

Lost Key?

Contact Residential Services at ext. 6880.