Additional Resources for Fulbright and other study abroad applications
Additional Web Sites for educational institutions abroad and information on study overseas:
- The World of Learning. A comprehensive directory of learned societies, universities, archives, libraries and museums around the world. Available in the reference section in both Hatfield and the Law School libraries.
- http://www.studyoverseas.com includes information on colleges and universities worldwide, articles on studying abroad, and information on how to request more information on individual schools
- http://www.searcheurope.com/search/Education/Universities listings of institutions and links to some
- Braintrack - worldwide university index structured by regions: http://www.braintrack.com
- General Education Online - links to colleges and universities worldwide: http://www.findaschool.org/
- JustColleges - features colleges in the USA, India, UK, Australia, and Canada. Also included are articles, essays, test preparation tips, and FAQs on colleges and graduate and business schools: http://www.justcolleges.com/
- Listing of Canadian Universities: http://www.canadian-universities.net/
- Universities Worldwide - searchable database of links to universities around the world: http://univ.cc/
- Universities.com - searchable database of universities around the world. Browse alphabetically, by region, or by program of study: http://www.universities.com
- http://www.prospects.ac.uk/cms/ShowPage/Home_page/p!eLaXi (select post graduate study option) information on studying and working in the UK, including information about British degrees
Several organizations and individuals have posted helpful materials on-line, from sample proposals, guides to writing research proposals, and advice to managing the application process. Here is a sampling of what's out there.
A Fulbright proposal and personal statement from one of Skidmore's recent Scholars and a list of FAQ's relating to Fulbright Grants.
"Characteristics of a Strong Grant Proposal" (NC State University)
"Proposal Writing: the Art of Persuasion" (College of the Holy Cross Graduate Studies office).
Advice for Fulbright, Goldwater, Marshall, and many more fellowships that require study and research proposals.
"Fulbright Grants: How to Write a Good Fulbright Proposal" (Amherst College)
Fulbright proposal writing guide from Michigan State University.
Advice on winning a Fulbright award from past grant winners.
--Adapted from lists compiled by Dr. Jane Curlin, Udall Foundation, and Dr. Paula Warrick, American University.