Rotary Ambassadorial Scholarships
Official site: http://www.rotary.org/en/grants
Final Deadline: District Grants Varies by District, Check Website
Final Deadline: Global Grant Applications Accepted on a Rolling Basis
Final Deadline: Packaged Grant Applications Accepted on a Rolling Basis
The Rotary Foundation Ambassadorial Scholarship program offers scholarship opportunities through district, global, and packaged grants.
District grants fund smaller, short-term activities that address needs in both your local community and communities worldwide. Each district gets to choose which activities it will fund with these grants. Funding requests must be submitted to the district and not The Rotary Foundation.
Global grants support large international activities with sustainable, measurable outcomes in one or more of the six areas of focus. Applications accepted on a rolling basis throughout the year.
Global grants must:
- Be an international partnership between a Rotary club or district in the country where the activity takes place and a Rotary club or district outside of that country
- Be sustainable and include plans for long term success after the global grant funds have been spent
- Include measurable goals that are demonstrated through progress reports
- Align with one of our six areas of focus
- Respond to real community needs
- Include active participation from both Rotarians and community members
- Have a minimum budget of US$30,000
- Meet the eligibility requirements in the grants terms and conditions
Packaged grants have been predesigned by Rotary and our strategic partners. The activities they fund are similar to those funded by global grants in many ways--they support our areas of focus and can include scholarships, humanitarian projects, and vocational training--but the work of designing the activity's general framework has already been done. This allows Rotarians to focus their talents and energies to bring the project to life. Applications are accepted on a rolling basis throughout the year.
There are five (5) types of packaged grants currently available: Health educators training & nursing scholarship, Developing local entrepreneurs, Vocational training and medical service, Water and sanitation scholarships. As the new grant system grows, these types of opportunities will continue to increase.
Visit the website for more information.