Commonly asked questions on while on tour. Feel free to contact us with any question that may not be listed or clarification or elaboration of any that are!
- How many people does the chapel seat?
- Is there a sound system that we can play a CD or MP3 on?
- Are microphones included?
- What kind of furniture is available in the chapel?
- Are there any rules about decorations?
- May I throw flower petals?
- Are candles allowed?
- Can we bring our own food?
- Are linens included with the reception venue?
- Do we have to rent tables and chairs for our reception?
- Do you have a dance floor available?
1. How many people does the chapel seat?
The chapel will seat approximately 300. This includes about 200 in the traditional pews and an additional 100 in the chairs located on the outside edges.
2. Is there a sound system that we can play a CD or MP3 on?
Yes. There is a sound system in place that includes a tuner for microphones, a CD player and a tape player. An MP3 player can be attached with an adapter cable (available on-hand).
3. Are microphones included?
Microphones are included in the cost of the rental. We have lapel, handheld and microphone stands all available for the officiant, the wedding party and any performers.
4. What kind of furniture is available in the chapel?
We have an alter, podium and two candlesticks. The podium and candlesticks can be removed, however the alter can only be pushed back. It is far too heavy to be removed entirely but can be adjusted to suit your needs.
5. Are there any rules about decorations?
We do have a policy for decorations in the chapel. Most bride/grooms find it not to be an issue, however, as the chapel is beautiful as-is and does not require much in addition. You can bring in any kind of flowers, an aisle runner and a unity candle. If you would like to decorate the pews it must be done in a fashion that utilizes pew clips or is tied on. NO tape or tacks are allowed.
6. May I throw flower petals?
Yes, real petals require an aisle runner be laid down. Arrangements must be made for them to be removed following the ceremony.
7. Are candles allowed?
The Unity candle is allowed. All tapers that remain lit must be covered by a glass hurricane at least one inch taller than the top of the flame. It's easiest to light our taper candles with built-in covers, use those to light the bride and groom tapers and then light the pillar candle (blowing out the bride/groom tapers). That way two sides remain lit and are still housed within the hurricanes. This is not required that you utilize ours but available to aid in following the policy restrictions.
8. Can we bring our own food?
The university has a contract with Bon Appetit Catering that allows them the privilege of serving at your event. Bon Appetit is a national company with an outlet right here on campus providing not only excellent food service to our students and staff but quality catering. Their menu is comprised of fresh, local, seasonal and sustainable options that will make your event a success. More information can be found online.
9. Are linens included with the reception venue?
Linens are a part of Bon Appetit's Catering service. They are included in their menu costs and carry no additional charges. They are limited to stock on hand but have a variety of colors available. Tablecloths are available in black, white, ivory, burgundy, forest green and navy blue. Napkins and other accents are available in almost every color.
10. Do we have to rent tables and chairs for our reception?
Nearly all indoor reception venues include tables and chairs with the room. The Rogers Rehearsal Hall requires the rental of round tables. Any outdoor receptions require table/chair rentals. We are happy to coordinate any and all rentals at no extra fee.