Students whose accounts reflect an overpayment may request a refund through the Student Accounts Office. Refunds will be issued for credit balances resulting from Title IV funds in accordance with financial aid guidelines. Other credit balances in excess of $100 will be automatically refunded to the student. Students whose accounts reflect an overpayment from sources other than Title IV may request the credit balance be held and applied to the next semester. Please review the Student Accounts Refund Policy for additional information on refunds, including adjustments related to student withdrawals.
Students that are eligible for a student account refund check may sign up for direct deposit through WebAdvisor. Before signing up for direct deposit, please do the following:
- Review the instructions for signing up for direct deposit through WebAdvisor.
- Have your bank routing number and account number readily available.
- Enrolling students only: Create a network account.
Student Account refunds will be processed according to the following schedule:
- Paper refund checks will be processed 3-4 days prior to the first day of class each semester. Thereafter, paper refund checks will be processed on Monday each week.
- Direct deposit of student account refunds will be processed 3-4 days before the first day of class each semester. Thereafter, direct deposit of student account refunds will be processed on Tuesday and Friday each week. Please note that a credit balance has to be reflected on a student's account 2-3 business days prior to a direct deposit processing day (Tuesday or Friday) in order to be processed on that day. For example, a credit balance has to appear on a student's account by Wednesday in order to receive a refund via direct deposit on Friday.
Please note the following exceptions to the policy concerning direct deposit of student account refunds:
- International students are not eligible for direct deposit of student account refunds. Due to International ACH Transactions rules, Willamette University is prohibited from making direct deposit disbursements to an international student's bank account. All refund disbursements to international students will be via paper check.
- Students who have a credit balance on their student account as a result of a Parent Plus loan cannot receive the student account refund via direct deposit. All student account refunds generated by a Parent Plus loan will be disbursed via paper check.
Please contact the Student Accounts Office at (503) 375-5308 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org with questions related to student account refunds.