Prior to Departure
- Reservation ( Air, hotel, Grand transportation)
- Immunization requirements if traveling to/from an infected area.
- Passport, Visa and/or other documents
- Print out AIG travel insurance card from Travel Center’s website
- Emergency Contact registry at WU Travel Center’s website
- Print out Emergency Card (wallet size) and fill out phone numbers
- Get to know your destination
- Local airport condition (Parking location and fee, Waiting time, Weather, TSA Security procedure, Gate locations,
- Boarding pass
- Pre-baggage check in and airline carry-on requirements
- Re-confirm your seat and flight status 72 hours prior to your departure
At the destination
- Destination airport condition ( Security procedure, Transportation, Airport map, Currency exchange offices,
- Emergency contact (Medical, Insurance, Stolen) where is the nearest hospital?
If you encounter an emergency while traveling, take the following steps:
- Where serious injury or illness has occurred, immediately seek medical treatment at the closest medical facility. Emergency numbers for police, medical and fire in foreign countries.
- If medical service is not available, contact AIG Assist (call collect at +01 (713) 260-5508 or within the U.S. or Canada (800) 401-2678)Contact AIG Assist to inform them of your emergency. AIG Assist will assist, monitor, and coordinate your situation until it has been resolved or you are no longer in danger.
- Notify the contact person in your program, department, or school.
- For medical emergencies, notify Campus Safety (503-370-6999) or your personal health care provider.
- Contact the nearest U.S. Embassy or consular service.
- Claim to Insurance company
- Post travel report