This pagetype allows you to build a photogallery without thumbnail images. Instead, there is a list of links, each containing a brief description of the photo.
- What does this look like?
- How do I add this pagetype to my site?
- How do I add images to my photo gallery?
- How do I set the (link) label for each image?
- How should I resize my images?
1. What does this look like?
2. How do I add this pagetype to my site?
- From the New menu in the top of the page, find the 'New Gallery - No Thumbs' item for your site.
- Change the System Name to a url appropriate name.
- If necessary, change the Parent Folder to the folder you want the photo gallery to exist in.
- Click Submit
3. How do I add images to my photo gallery?
- Select the 'full' folder in your gallery.
- Import an image from your desktop into the 'full' folder.
- All images in the 'full' folder will be used in the photo gallery.
4. How do I set the (link) label for each image?
For each image in the 'full' folder of your gallery, do the following
- Select the image
- Click the Edit tab
- Select Metadata under the Edit tab
The link label for this image is determined as follows
- Summary (for longer descriptions): If there is text in the Summary field, then it is used as the label
- Display Name (for short descriptions): If Summary is blank, and there is text in the Display Name field, then it is used as the label
- Filename (System Name): If Summary and Display Name are blank, then the filename, without the extension, (e.g., reunion1) is used as the label. (You can change the System Name, in the System option. **Be sure to unpublish the file before you change the name.)
5. How should I resize my images?
- You can use any image editing software that you are familiar with.
- You can use the Photoshop action scripts and instructions we have provided.