If you are a full-time staff or faculty at Willamette University, you can request accounts for the members of your family. You cannot share accounts--you must open an account per person. There is a charge of $5 per month for each account through the payroll deduction.
Furthermore, you must agree to the conditions specified below:
Spouses and dependents of Willamette University employee may be granted access to the campus computer network. An account, referred to here as a "family account," must be requested by the employee, referred to here as the "requestor," for each member of the family who wishes access. The following conditions form the basis for the grant of family accounts:
- The requestor is required to prove dependent status of family members at the time of the initial application and on an annual basis by submitting a copy of the upper portion of the first page of the Federal Income Tax form for the previous year.
- The requestor agrees to pay $5.00 per month for each family account applicant (non-prorated) through the payroll deduction plan. Accounts need to be renewed each year, by submitting a renewal form to WITS.
- All family accounts will cease to exist upon the termination of requestor's employment with Willamette University. An account is also terminated upon submission of such request in writing to WITS. The requestor and family account holders take full responsibility for saving files or other data in another medium before the account expiration date or accept the permanent loss of said files and/or data.
- All family account holders agree to keep absolutely confidential any University access codes, accounts, passwords, telephone numbers, or other information gained about access to and operation of the University computing environment. Failure to do so may result in termination of access and privileges.
- All family account holders agree to be bound by the principles of the Willamette University Policy on Appropriate Use of the Campus Computing Facilities and Network.
- The user support provided by Willamette University is limited to the following:
- Help in logging in for the first time.
- Providing one set of network user documentation.
- Assistance with technical problem problems relating directly to the use of the requestor's family account(s), such as malfunction of commands.
- In no event will Willamette University and it's employees and agents be liable to the requestor or the family for any damages including but not limited to special, consequential, indirect, or similar damages, including any lost profit or lost data, arising out of the use of or inability to use, the equipment or the network provided in this agreement.
To open an account, stop by the WITS front office (Smullin 101) to pick up an application form.