For all versions of OSX (through 10.8 'Mountain Lion')
smb://groupfiles.willamette.edu/nameofdeptshare (where 'nameofdeptsshare' is the path to the specific department share EX. \\groupfiles.willamette.edu\wits)
(where 'username' is your Willamette login name)
- Hint: you can click the '+' icon on the right to add this share to your Favorite Servers to save typing time in the future.
- Name: enter your Willamette username
- Password: enter your Willamette password.
A folder with the contents of your NetFiles directory should now appear in a Finder window.If you close the Finder window, you can get back to it from the Finder menu.
- Open File>New Finder Window
- On the left side bar look in the Shared area
To disconnect from NetFiles:
- click the Eject button to the right of the file name in the Shared section of a finder window left side bar
- if the NetFiles listing is displayed in a finder window, click the Disconnect button in the file listings pane