How can you tell if you have the 64 bit version of Windows Vista?
- Open the start menu, right-click on computer. Choose Properties from the menu.
- A window called View basic information about your computer will appear.
- Under the section called System look for the System Type.
- If it shows "64-bit Operating System" then you have the correct version to follow the rest of this documentation. (note: if you have the 32-bit Operating System you may also follow these instructions below successfully).
Step 1. Add LPR Printer option..
- Open the start menu (The Glowing Blue Marble)
- Open the Control Panel.
- On the left-hand side of the window, Under Control Panel Home click on Classic View.
- Select Programs and features.
- On the left click on Turn Windows features on or off.
- In the window that comes up Click on the + to open Print Services.
- Put a check in the box marked "LPR Port Monitor" and click OK. (**Vista will then take a few moments to install this feature and then it will automatically restart your computer)
When Vista restarts you can now add the webprint printer.
Step 2. Add Printer Wizard
- Click Start choose Control Panel.
- Select Printers.
- Select the option to “Add a Local Printer.”
- in the Choose a printer port window select "Create a new port:"
- for the Type of Port choose LPR port from the dropdown and click Next.
- A window called Add LPR compatible printer will pop up.
- for "Name or address of server providing lpd:" type home
- for "Name of Printer ot print queue on that server:" type webprint
- The Install the printer driver window will appear.
-under "Manufacturer" choose HP
-under "Printers" select HP LaserJet 4000 Series PS (or any generic postscript printer)
(note: if you see a window asking "Which version of the driver do you want to use?" choose Use the driver that is currently installed (recommended) and click next.)
- In the box "Type a printer name" type Webprint and click Next.
- You should see a message saying " You've successfully added webprint." Click Finish.
- Congratulations you have finished installing webprint!