With default 'out of the box' settings, your Windows computer should be ready to connect to any of Willamette's wireless networks. These instructions will help you step by step.
Before connecting to our network be sure you have the following:
- A valid Willamette Network Account.
- A compatible wireless card with 802.llb/g standards (nearly all computers are already compatible).
- Be in a residence hall or academic building where we provide coverage.
- The proper security key for the network you are connecting to.
AirPort Setup Instructions
- Click the WiFi/AirPort icon on the Menu bar located in the upper right corner of screen.
- Click on the network name that matches your location (see Choosing an appropriate network page for more information)
- Click [Connect] if prompted.
- If you are connecting to a network that requires a security key, you'll be asked to "Type in the network security key".
- Enter the security key (obtained separately)
- Click [Ok]
- Open a web browser (e.g. Mozilla Firefox, Internet Explorer, Google Chrome).
- Follow the instructions displayed in your browser window to complete the wireless network registration process.
If you have any questions or comments concerning these procedures, please contact Willamette Integrated Technology Services. Call us at x6767 (Help Desk) or send questions by e-mail to email@example.com.