With default out of the box settings, your Windows computer should be ready to connect to any of Willamette's wireless networks. These instructions will help you step by step.
Before connecting to our network be sure you have the following:
- A valid Willamette Network Account.
- A compatible wireless card with 802.11b/g/n/ac standards (nearly all computers are already compatible).
- Be in a residence hall or academic building where we provide coverage.
- The proper security key for the network you are connecting to.
Connecting to a network
- From the Desktop, click on the wireless icon in the “Notification” area near the clock.
- Click on the network name that matches your location (see Choosing an appropriate network page for more information)
- Choose [Connect automatically].
- Click [Connect].
- If you are connecting to a network that requires a security key, you'll be asked to "Enter the network security key".
- Enter the security key (obtained separately)
- Click [Ok]
- You may be prompted with "Do you want to turn on sharing between PCs and connect to devices on this network?" Click [No].
- Open a web browser (e.g. Mozilla Firefox, Internet Explorer, Google Chrome).
- Follow the instructions displayed in your browser window to complete the wireless network registration process.
Forgetting a network
You may want to forget a network to make sure your device automatically connects to the right one, e.g. a 5Ghz network.
- From the Desktop, click on the wireless icon in the notification area near the clock.
- Right click on the network you want your device to forget, and click "Forget this network."