Free public wireless connectivity is available in the Mark O. Hatfield and the J.W. Long Law Libraries. The network name (SSID) is: Willamette Public
All other wireless networks on campus are restricted to Willamette University faculty, staff, and students with an active Willamette network account (username/password) or guests of the university.
Willamette provides a WiFi network named that grants basic Internet access to official guests of the university only (parents, visitors from other schools, visiting groups, guest lecturers, etc.). This network is accessible in all academic and administrative buildings and requires a security key to connect.
- SSID: Willamette Guest
- security key: Willamette employees can access this page to see the current security key.
Wireless internet is available in all residence halls. Residential networks are secured with WiFi Protected Access (WPA2) and require the use of a security key to connect. Network names (SSID) correspond to the residential designations as follows:
- Eastside ResNet
- Westside ResNet
- Cornerstone ResNet
- Kaneko ResNet
**Note: the keys will change at the beginning of each semester
The following non-residential buildings have wireless access. The Network name (SSID) used in all buildings is: BlitzNet
Networks exclusive to the 5GHz spectrum now available
- Starting in Jan 2014 the Residential & Academic networks have an exclusive 5GHZ option. If your device can see the "...5GHz" version of the network, it is recommended you connect to it
- There is less wireless noise in the 5GHz spectrum so devices on these networks can have less interference with their connection.
- Splitting the networks into dedicated 2.4GHz and 5GHz versions should allow both to become less crowded, offering a better WiFI experience for everyone
Notable ExceptionsThe following buildings have special wireless coverage by Willamette University.
- Keene Stadium - please contact Athletics
- McCulloch Stadium - please contact Athletics