In addition to existing guidance about responsible use of technology and other applicable university policies, groups are organized accordingly:
Constituent Designated Groups
- Messages must relate directly to university business.
- Group messages should be used when other communication methods such as the Bearcat Bulletin, event calendar or university website aren’t feasible.
- If the group is moderated, moderators should respond to group message requests within two business days.
- Event information should be shared through the university event calendar, which will feed the university website and weekly Bearcat Bulletin. Group messages should be avoided for event communication.
- Avoid reminders and recurring messages on designated lists.
- Willamette community members may create a group or manage opt-in group memberships.
- User-created, opt-in group curators may choose if or how to moderate group messages.
Requests to Send to Moderated Groups
- To send a group message, contact the group’s moderator.
- Give moderators plenty of lead time; messages will not be sent until approved by the moderator. Messages may be sent as a periodic digest, so plan ahead to ensure timely delivery.
A note about group moderators: in spring 2016 Web Development and University Communications will host a number of information sessions to provide more information about how to moderate group messages, along with best practices, for those designated as moderators.
Broadcast Email Groups
|wu-community||Students, Faculty & Staff, TIUA, Retirees||Communications|
|cla-students||All CLA Students includes gifted scholars; cross registrants & non-degree||CLA Dean|
|law-students||Law students||Law Student Services|
|agsm-students||All Atkinson students||AGSM|
|wa-students||Willamette Academy students||WU Academy|
|wu-colleagues||All current Faculty and Staff||HR|
|wu-faculty||All current Faculty||HR|
|cla-faculty||CLA faculty||CLA Dean|
|cla-broadcast||CLA faculty plus lurkers||CLA Dean|
|law-faculty||Law faculty||Law Dean|
|agsm-faculty||AGSM full-time faculty||AGSM|
|agsm-confac||AGSM current contributing faculty||AGSM|
|wu-staff||All non-faculty employees|
|wu-icl||ICL Members||ICL Staff|