- Location: Ford 103
- Contact Person: Chris Gramlich, Ford 103a, 503-370-6028, firstname.lastname@example.org
Create computer publications and graphic renderings for instructional and other uses by campus personnel and organizations. Plot, laminate, and mount materials such as posters, signs, nameplates and assist in graphic layout.
- Greet and assist people arriving at Ford 103 window.
- Answer and route phone calls.
- Develop original designs for logos, brochures, posters, charts, forms, etc., on the Macintosh computer; mount; and laminate materials.
- Convert sketches and rough documents to camera-ready and/or finished posters, signs, brochures, graphs, charts using desktop publishing and graphic layout applications on the Macintosh computer.
- Operate roll laminator/mounter, slide scanner, and large format plotter.
- Work directly with campus community to develop desktop slide presentations, graphic animations, presentation enhancements using such applications as Microsoft PowerPoint, Adobe Creative Suite, and to explain types of materials available, pricing, etc.
- Inventory laminating films, acetates and mounting tissues for reorder.
- Troubleshoot hardware and software problems.
- Keep graphic area clean.
- Assist in billing production orders, collecting, recording receipts and disbursements.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Genuine interest in and basic working knowledge of computers, Macintosh systems, graphic applications and their uses.
- Experience with page layout programs such as Indesgin, Photoshop, Illustrator or other drawing tools a plus. Portfolio helpful.
- Excellent "people" and communication skills.
- Art and design experience strongly recommended.
- Ability to assume responsibility and work without supervision to completion of projects.
NOTE: This position may be "on demand" and/or regular hours may be required.