Fall Semester 2011: Donations will be collected November 28-December 15 in the Office of Student Activities on UC 2.
Spring Semester 2012: Donations will be collected January 16-May 11 in the Office of Student Activities on UC 2.
Available February 8, 2012
Welcome to the Willamette Closet!
The Willamette Closet is a resource to rent and donate formal wear.
Rent: No one wants to spend a lot of money on something they are only going to wear once. Now you will not be restricted to the clothes in your closet.
Donate: The Willamette Closet is a place where you can donate formal clothing you have grown out of, do not want to wear anymore, or are cluttering your closet. Something that may not work for you could be perfect for someone else. The more people donate the more options you have to choose from.
Sustainability: The Willamette Closet is funded through a Sustainability mini-grant. The project implements sustainable practices in a number of ways.
- All clothing is cleaned before each rental with natural cleaners. Dry clean items will be cleaned via Sparkle's Dry Cleaning in Salem.
- All rental fees go towards covering laundering costs and upkeep of clothing and are not collected for profit.
- All clothes are donated and "recycled".
- By renting from the Willamette Closet, which is on campus, you cut down gas emissions from driving to buy new clothing.
- Anyone in the Willamette community, no matter what ethnicity, socioeconomic background, or nationality they come from can participate and benefit from this endeavor.
- I hope to show people that they do not need to buy new clothes in order to have something to wear for any occasion.