Have questions about WUMAV? Want to get involved? Interested in collaborating with us?
Join us for a meeting; we'd love to talk with you!
Thursdays at 7:00pm
UC 2nd floor lobby
Help & Support Resources
Sexual Assault Response Allies
(503) 851-4245 - [Friday 5pm-Monday 8am]
Women's Resource Center, UC 3rd floor
Bishop Wellness Center
Mid-Valley Women's Crisis Service
(503) 399-7722 - [24-hour hotline]
795 Winter St NE (off-campus)
- New events: Our upcoming and past events are now listed on our Events page.
- More resources: WUMAV's previous and current flyers are now posted as PDF files on the Resources page. Also, a few more articles are now posted.
- Join our Facebook group: http://www.facebook.com/groups/2201538218/
Most men at Willamette don't commit rape...
...but every man can play a vital role in ending sexual & dating violence
- Consent is more than the word “yes”
Good sex is all about mutual pleasure and enthusiasm. Better communication—listening to your partner, stating desires clearly, and asking when a situation is unclear—makes sex and relationships safer, healthier, and more enjoyable for everyone.
- Look beyond the legal definition of rape
While the legal definition clarifies rape in a court of law, it does not address sexual violence, which can be physical (grabbing, non-consensual touching), emotional (manipulation, deceit, denigration), and verbal (verbal pressure, coercion).
- If you believe that someone close to you is being abused or has been sexually assaulted, gently ask if you can help
The most important thing you can tell a survivor is that you believe them and that the abuse is not their fault.
- Confront friends, classmates, brothers, and teammates who are disrespectful or abusive towards girls and women
You probably will never see a rape in progress, but you will hear attitudes and see behaviors that degrade women and promote a culture of violence. Try talking with the person about it. If you don't know what to do, consult a friend, a parent, a professor, or a counselor. Speak up!
Download and print our latest flyer here.
Site last updated Tuesday, March 20, 2012.