Import your Webmail Addresses to Gmail
These instructions should work for any version of Thunderbird, Macintosh and Windows.
Export your Webmail Addresses
- Login to Webmail (http://webmail.willamette.edu).
- Click on the Addresses link at the top of the page.
- Under Address book export, choose Comma for the Field Delimiter. The other three items can be left at their default values.
- Click on the Export to CSV File button.
- Save the file (you'll need to remember its name and location when you are ready to import your address book into your Gmail account).
- Click Save.
Import your Webmail Addresses into Gmail
- Login to your Gmail account.
- Open your Contacts.
- From the More Actions pull-down choose Import.
- Click the Browse button and locate the file your exported from Thunderbird.
- If you want these contacts to be in a new or existing group, check the box next to Also add these contacts to and make the appropriate selection.
- Click on the Import button.
- When the import is complete, click the OK button.
NOTE: this action does not synchronize your Webmail Addresses and your Gmail Contacts. It is a one-time procedure to get a copy of your addressess into Gmail.
WITS Training Calendar
Need some help with the transition? Come to one of our Scheduled Workshops and Open Lab Sessions