WITS Emergency Procedures
During the normal working hours, notify WITS of any emergency or conditions requiring immediate attention. Call either the WITS front office (x6004) or the Help Desk (x6767).
Emergency procedures described here are invoked during off-work hours. Off-work-hours are defined as hours outside normal working days, 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
- Problems in the lab. During lab operation hours, the lab assistant on duty will contact a WITS staff member.
- General users and computer lab during unstaffed hours. Users on the academic network will contact Campus Safety if they are unable to login. If three users are unable to login at the same time, Campus Safety will page and inform a WITS staff member.
- Users on the administrative network will contact Campus Safety if they are unable to login. If either three users is not able to login at the same time, or one user from at least three different connections within the administrative department are unable to login, Campus Safety will page and inform a WITS staff member.
- If the problem is urgent and needs immediate attention, users will contact Campus Safety. Campus Safety will then page and inform a WITS staff member.
Air Conditioning in the WITS Computer Room
- If the air conditioning fails, Protection One will notify Campus Safety. Campus Safety will then contact the Physical Plant and a WITS staff member.