Who can access Willamette's wireless networks?
- Most networks are restricted to current staff, faculty, and students or guests with a valid network account.
- Public internet is available in the Mark O. Hatfield Library and the J.W. Long Law Library.
- Visiting groups can make arrangements with the Scheduling Office for internet needs during their stay at Willamette.
What is required?
To connect to any of Willamette's wireless networks from a computer, your device needs to have th:
- A computer running a current version of Windows, Mac OS, or Linux
- (For many networks the device needs to be capable of supporting WPA2 encryption.)
- A built-in wireless card or an external wireless card (PCMCIA or USB)
- A current web browser such as Firefox, Internet Explorer, Safari, or Google Chrome.
What networks are on campus?
Details on the locations of wireless access (and the SSIDs/security keys for those networks) on campus can be found here
Set-up Instructions: computersTo configure your computer to access the wireless networks, choose your operating system from the list below:
Set up Instructions: tablets & smartphones
To configure your device to access the wireless networks, choose your operating system from the list below:
Just about anything with WiFi and a web-browser can self-register on our wireless networks. Willamette permits any approved devices to be registered on our residential and academic networks. See our page linked below for full details on what's allowed, and how to register gadgets without web-browsers.