Application Status Checker FAQs
Willamette University College of Law uses LSAC's Application Status Checker Online (ASO) to allow applicants to monitor the status of their application. Below please find answers to frequently asked questions about the ASO.
- What is the ASO?
- I just submitted my application. How can I check my status?
- I have forgotten my ASO login information, or I have locked myself out of my account. What should I do?
- Will the ASO tell my if I have been Admitted or Denied?
- Why does my ASO says that my application is Incomplete when my LSAC account says my application is Complete?
- Why does the ASO say that my application is missing Letters of Recommendation when I know they have been sent?
- My online status now says "Decision Made". What does this mean?
The ASO, or Application Status Online, is an online service provided by LSAC with Willamette University College of Law that allows you to monitor the status of your application throughout the application process.[back to top]
You should receive an email from our office within one business day of submitting your application acknowledging receipt of your application. This email will contain your username and temporary password for the ASO, as well as instructions on how to log in to the ASO. You may wish to add our email address firstname.lastname@example.org to your address book now, so as to ensure you are able to receive all communication from us.[back to top]
3. I have forgotten my ASO login information, or I have locked myself out of my account. What should I do?
Please call our office during normal business hours (Mon-Fri, 8am - 5pm) to have your account reset. You will need to be able to answer the security question you have previously set up for your account so that we may send you a password reset email.[back to top]
No. It is our policy not to display decisions online. Decisions are communicated by US Postal Mail only. However, when a decision is rendered on your file, you will see your file status change to "Decision Made".[back to top]
5. Why does my ASO says that my application is Incomplete when my LSAC account says my application is Complete?
When you initially submit your application to us, we only receive your application with your personal statement, resume and addenda. There is always a delay of 1-5 busines days until LSAC transmits your CAS report to us. Upon receipt of your initial CAS report, your application is manually reviewed to check for completion before your status will be changed to "Complete". At that time, we will also notify you by email of your completed status. Please keep in mind that there may be a delay in this process during particularly busy times of the year, such as during Winter Break or around our March 1 priority deadline.[back to top]
6. Why does the ASO say that my application is missing Letters of Recommendation when I know they have been sent?
We formally receive reports containing letters of recommendation once a week on Wednesdays. Because of this processing time, there may occasionally be a period of a few days where your ASO reports letters of recommendation as received before we have actually received them in our office.[back to top]
A decision has been made on your file. However, your actual decision status (Admit, Waitlist or Deny) will not be displayed online. In the Mailings section, you will see that a decision letter has been sent out by USPS, which should be received within 7 business days of the date of this status change. Please contact our office if you have not received your decision letter within 7 business days of your "Decision Made" status change.[back to top]