Quotations / Legal Maxims
1. Bartlett, John. Familiar Quotations. 16th ed. Boston, Little Brown Co., 1992. LAW Ref. PN6081.B27.
2. Black’s Law Dictionary. 9th ed. West Group, 2009. In the 9th edition, legal maxims are conveniently grouped together in Appendix B. All floors.
3. Latin for Lawyers. 3rd ed. London, Sweet & Maxwell, 1960. LAW Ref PA2087.L3. Out of print.
4. McNamara, M. Frances.Ragbag of Legal Quotations. Albany, N.Y., M. Bender, 1960. LAW Ref K58.M32.
5. McNamara, M. Frances. 2,000 Famous Legal Quotations. Rochester, N.Y., Aquaduct Books, 1967. LAW Ref. K58.M32. Out of print.
6. Shapiro, Fred. Comp. The Oxford Dictionary of American Legal Quotations. N.Y., Oxford Univ. Press, 1993. "It contains a comprehensive collection of the most famous passages from American judges and legal commentators as well as the wittiest ratings from literature, humor, motion pictures and song lyrics relating to American Law". LAW Ref. KF159.093.
7. Shrager, David S. & Frost, Elizabeth. The Quotable Lawyer. N.Y., New England Publishing Associates, 1986. K58.S5. A later edition has been published.