WUCL to Host Securities Regulation Conference in Portland
Attain a rare insider’s view and new perspectives on developments in securities regulation at the 2008 Willamette Securities Regulation Conference in Portland.
Seven current and former U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission officials, including two former SEC general counsels, and top securities regulators for Oregon, Washington, Idaho and British Columbia will participate in the program. Leading securities attorneys from across the country and business law scholars from Willamette University will round out the four panel discussions.
Conference topics will include new developments in disclosure regulation; securities litigation; securities enforcement, particularly related to the recent subprime crisis; and recent issues in state and provincial securities regulation. Oregon and Washington Continuing Legal Education credits are pending.
The program will be held Thursday, Oct. 30, 2008, at the Multnomah Athletic Club in Portland.
- Professor Robin Morris Collin to Receive Honor from Oregon House
- Integrity, Civility, Access To Justice Are Keys To A Successful Legal Career, De Muniz Says
- College of Law to graduate 129 students
- Oregon Appeals Court Publishes First Opinion Assisted by Willamette Law Student
- Symeon Symeonides Honored For Scholarship