Requirements for the Individualized Major (8–14 Credits)
While each major will look different, all Individualized majors must include:
- At least 8 and no more than 14 credits
- No more than 8 credits from the same disciplinary prefix
- At least 3 upper-division credits and at least 3 lower-division credits
- At least one Writing-centered credit
- An integrative senior capstone
If the Independent Major is a second major, no more than 50% of the coursework in the first major may be counted towards it.
Students seeking to begin the process of designed an Individualized Major should contact the College of Arts & Sciences Deans’ Office, either in person at Smullin 108, or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.