Here are a few projects that exemplify the wonderful research students from the Religious Studies department have done over the years.
Additional Research Projects
These are all the projects the Religious Studies department has presented at SSRD in the last few years.
- Community and History in Lukumi: A Study of the Lives and Identities of Practitioners - Skylar Davis
- A Search for Ritual Wholeness: Exploring Traditional and Contemporary Childbirth Rituals - Nyrie Mietzke
- Colonization, Modernization, and Visas in Iran, Sudan, and Nigeria - Owen Thomas
- A History in Heresy: Exploring the Theological Roots of the Pelagian Controversy - William Gupton
- Daoist Medicine: The Intersectionality of Religion and Medical Practice for First-Wave Chinese Immigrants - Zoey Rizzo (Thesis)
- Understanding Environmental Issues Holistically - Ashley Jackson (Thesis)
- The Violent God: James Baldwin’s Critique of Christianity - Akerah Mackey (Thesis)
- Divine Punishment: The Religious Roots of the American Penal System - Elle Wilson (Thesis)
- Philo and Gender: A Woman’s Place in a Jewish Platonist’s World - Andrea Roisolo
- Building a Neuron Library: Developing Methods for 3D Modeling of Neurons Using Freeware - Rachel Green (Thesis)