Transfer Students

Transfer students are invaluable to our community — we value their insight and experiences. Our professors appreciate the new and unique perspectives transfer students add to their classrooms.

If you are a high school graduate and you have, or will receive, college-level credit from an accredited institution as a degree- or non-degree seeking student, then you quality as a transfer student. However, if you will graduate from high school this year and are currently dually enrolled in an early start program with your high school and a partnering college, please apply as a first-year student.

Steps to apply:

1. Common Application & Transfer College Report
Willamette is a Common Application exclusive institution. We use the Common Application because it collects a broad range of academic and extracurricular activity of potential Bearcats and simplifies the process for our applicants. The Transfer College Report must be completed by an official from your current or most recent college/university (tip: ask the Registrar to send the report with your Official College Transcript).

2. Official College Transcript
Please refer to the Common Application instructions for submitting college transcripts. We need a transcript from each institution you have attended. If you are in your first term of college and are applying to transfer the following term, please submit a Mid-Term Report. This form can be downloaded directly from the Common Application.  

3. Official Final High School Transcript or GED Scores
We require these from all applicants, whether they are 17 or 71.  Official transcripts must include the date of graduation and be submitted directly from your high school.  

4. SAT or ACT Scores - Optional

Willamette offers test-optional admission. If you decide to include standardized test scores, make sure you send your official score reports from either the SAT or the ACT. Please note that students who've attended secondary schools that printed ACT or SAT scores on their official transcripts do not need to submit score reports from either testing agency. 

If you take the SAT or ACT more than once, the Admission Committee will review your highest scores from each section, resulting in what is widely known as a superscore. 

5. Professor Evaluation - Optional

Letter(s) of recommendation may be submitted by your professors through the Common Application.

Transfer Applications are reviewed on a rolling basis, and enrollment deadlines are determined at the point of admission. Once all of your credentials are received, the Admission Committee will review your application for admission. Photographs and copies of official documents submitted by the applicant cannot be accepted.   

We protect the privacy of the information you share with us through the application process. Read our privacy policy here

Not sure if you are a transfer student? Need help with the application process? Contact us at 503-370-6303 or