CCM Seniors Share their Scholarship
Listen to these CCM 496W Senior Seminar student podcasts about their capstone projects:
- The BlacKkKlansman — Amira Cardenas
- Black Twitter — Bethel Eyasu
- Reproductive Health Education — Nadia Sultan
- Sexual Assault Prevention — Claire Pockell-Wilson
- Sorority T-shirts and Identity — Katie Bick
- Sustainability Campaigns — Sam Phillips
- Stadiums in Disaster Contexts — Ben Verhoeven
- Serial Killer Media Representations — Stephanie Hayes
Class members in Media and the Environment (CCM 260SW) collaborated with the Straub Environmental Center's Naturaleza Ahora! program in spring 2018. This initiative aims to address the interests and priorities of the Latina/o/x community regarding outdoor education. Visit the Naturaleza Ahora! website. In addition to partnering with this local environmental group, class members also conducted radio interviews and generated podcast reports, many of which can be listened to here. Student written research projects about Naturaleza Ahora!-related topics are accessible at the “Media and Environment” tab to the left.
Class members in Latina/o/x Communication Studies (CCM 362) experienced various guest speakers throughout spring 2018, including a visit from poet Willy Palomo. To apply these experiences at a personal level, the culminating assignment asked students to create their own autoethnographic performances. Check out these moving final projects at the “Latinx Communication Studies” tab to the left.