Many are offered each semester and will on occasion have multiple sections or a suffix of I or II (novice or a more advanced level -- respectively). Course offerings include: aerobics, fencing, golf, Pilates, tai chi, tennis, total body conditioning, scuba, skiing, weight training/conditioning, and yoga. Not all courses are offered each half or whole semester. See the Office of the Registrar course schedules for current and future course offerings.
The following courses have information available online.
- Basic Functional Interval Training (BFIT) - interval-style class designed to improve cardiovascular fitness, endurance, strength, and flexibility
- Celtic Cardio - focus is on cardiovascular endurance, foot speed, agility, and overall functional strength
- Core Body Conditioning / Abs - a functional approach to lengthening and strengthening muscles
- Fencing - includes form, balance, and self-control
- Pilates - develops body uniformly, corrects wrong postures, restores physical vitality, invigorates the mind, and elevates the spirit
- Skiing - alpine, snowboard, telemark and Nordic skiing
- Scuba - Beginning - your first step in what we hope will be a long and exciting association with SCUBA Diving
- Scuba - Advanced - participate in a deep dive, night dive, underwater navigation dive, search and recovery dive, and underwater naturalist dive
- Step Aerobics - 45-minute step aerobic class designed to improve endurance and cardiovascular fitness
- Tai Chi Chuan - flowing, graceful moving meditation which cultivates a calm, focused and centered mind
- Tennis - develops and improves tennis skills for all skill levels
- Total Body Conditioning - alternates segments of power cardio movements with resistance training
- Yoga - exercise, breath awareness and concentration used to promote individual growth