Susan Coromel received her MFA in Acting from the Professional Actor's Training Program at Southern Methodist University in Dallas, Texas. Susan is a member of the Actor's Equity Association and the American Federation of Television and Radio Artists and The Voice and Speech Trainer Association. Her acting credits include roles with the New Jersey Shakespeare Festival, New York's Riverside Shakespeare Festival, Illinois Shakespeare Festival, Idaho Shakespeare Festival and Artist's Repertory Theatre in Portland, OR. She has studied acting at the Michael Howard Studio and with James Price at the Acting Studio in New York. Recently Susan completed her teaching certification in the Meisner approach with Master teacher Larry Silverberg.
- MFA, Professional Actor Training Program, Southern Methodist University, Dallas, TX
Performances and Productions
Willamette University Theatre, Directing
- Wings of Fire (World Premiere musical), by Haley Green and Austin Green. 2018.
- Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead, by Tom Stoppard. 2016.
- Vincent in Brixton, by Nicholas Wright. 2016.
- Top Girls, by Caryl Churchill. 2014.
- Proof, by David Auburn. 2014.
More Willamette directing credits
- Measure for Measure, by William Shakespeare. 2013.
- SMASH, by Jeffrey Hatcher. 2011.
- Aquitania, by Stephen Legawiec. 2010.
- The Autumn Garden, by Lillian Hellman. 2010.
- Beauty Queen of Leeann, by Martic McDonough. 2009.
- The Importance of Being Earnest, by Oscar Wilde. 2007.
- W(h)acked, An Immorality Play, by Stephanie Timm. 2007
- Tongue of a Bird, by Ellen McLaughlin. 2005
- A Lie of the Mind, by Sam Shepard. 2005
- Three Farces and a Funeral, by Anton Chekhov. Adapted by Robert Brustein. 2003
- Quilters, by Molly Newman and Barbara Dameshek. 2002
- How I Learned To Drive, by Paula Vogel. 2001.
Regional and Local Productions and Performances
- Director/Artistic Director, Tenders of the Feet, by Ciji Geurin, music by Hal Logan. Theatre 33, Salem, OR, 2017.
- Director/Artistic Director, SHORN, by Nora Douglass. Theatre 33, 2017.
- Producer/Artistic Director, 36 Perfectly Appropriate Mealtime Conversations, by Brianna Barrett. Theatre 33, 2017.
- Actor/Principle, ATRIO Health Plans, Print Commercial. Leo Ketel Productions, Portland, OR, 2016.
- Director, Christmas Carol, a 1940’s Radio Show, adapted by Thomas Nathan from the short story by Charles Dickens. Theatre 33, 2016.
More regional and local productions
- Director, A Christmas Memory, adapted from the short story by Truman Capote. Theatre 33, Oregon Winery Tour, 2016.
- Staged Reading. Successful Strategies, by Andrea Stolowitz. Theatre 33, 2016.
- Playwright and Actor, Maresfield Gardens. SpringWorks Indie Theatre and Arts Festival, Stratford, Ontario, Canada; and Theatre 33, 2016.
- Director, Blonde Poison, by Gail Louw. Orlando International Fringe Theatre Festival. 2016.
- Director, Apple Season, by E. M. Lewis. Theatre 33, 2016.
- Producer/Artistic Director, A Squirrel Boy, A Robot Cat, But Also Parents, by Jonathan Graham. Theatre 33, 2016.
- Actor, Stubby Pringle’s Christmas, adapted from the short story by Jack Shaffer. Theatre 33, Oregon Winery Tour, 2015.