EJ received his MFA in Technical Direction and Lighting Design from the University of Missouri, Kansas City. He was the Technical Director for the Sacramento Theatre Company, and Adjunct Faculty at Sacramento City College prior to coming to Willamette University in 2011. His training and work experience include Lighting Design, Projection Design, Aerial Choreography, Projection Design, Scenic Design, and has extensive rigging experience.
In addition to his regular duties, EJ teaches an Aerial Conditioning Class, culminating in an aerial dance concert. Each concert, for the last 6 years has showcased at least 10 new aerial dance pieces.
EJ is the resident Technical Director at Willamette University, working with each of their productions since 2011.
- MFA in Technical Direction and Lighting Design, University of Missouri, Kansas City
- BFA in Technical Theatre, focus in Scenic and Lighting Design, College of Santa Fe, NM
Performances and Productions
Willamette University Theatre, Technical Design
- Projections Designer, Dead City, by Sheila Callahan. 2018.
- Lighting Designer, The Gun Show, by E.M. Lewis. 2017.
- Rigging Designer, An Inspector Calls, by J. B. Priestly. 2017.
- Scenic Designer, Dido and Aeneas, by Henry Purcell. Willamette University’s Dramatic Vocal Arts (DVA) program. 2017.
- Scenic Designer, Hotel Casablanca, by Thomas Pasatieri. Willamette DVA program. 2016.
Willamette University, Aerial Choreography
- A Step Away from Reason. Also Production Designer, Producer. 2018
- Symbolic Interactions dance concert. 2017.
- O. blivion live. Also Production Designer, Producer. 2017.
- Lear’s Daughters, by Elaine Feinstein. 2016.
- Perception/Reality dance concert. 2016.
More Aerial Choreography
- A Thousand Miles from Nowhere. Also Production Designer, Producer. 2016.
- Meanderings of a Lost Mind. Also Production Designer, Producer, 2015.
- Veracity: A Dance Concert. Aerial Choreographer. 2014.
Other Production Credits
- Lighting Designer, Willamette Dance Company Fall Showcase. 2018.
- Lighting Designer, Willamette Dance Company Fall Showcase. 2017.