Student EligibilityTo be eligible, students must be an enrolled 7th grader in the Salem-Keizer School District and fall under at least one of the four categories listed below:
- Low-Income: as measured by eligibility for free/reduced lunch or living at or below the federal poverty line
- First-Gen College Student: parents/guardians did not graduate from a college/university
- Student of Color: from a historically underrepresented racial group in US higher education
- Recent Immigrant: student has immigrated to the US within the last 10 years
- Comes to school everyday
- Is working near, at, or above grade level in all subject areas
- Consistently turns in assignments
- Has family members committed to educational success
- Is excited about school
- Has big plans for themselves
Family Information Meetings
Willamette Academy works closely with counselors at each middle school to provide families with information on how to apply. Starting in January and February, the Academy will hold meetings to give an overview of program components and application process. Please contact your school counselor and check newsletters to learn when we’ll be coming to your school!
Willamette Academy models the college application process for prospective students to complete. It features two separate rounds in this process.
- In the first round students complete an application that includes student and parent/guardian information, school information completed by the school counselor, and a teacher recommendation. Applications will be electronic this year. Check-in with your school counselor for more information.
- After Willamette Academy completes our initial review of applications, selected students and families will be invited to interview on the Willamette University campus with academy staff.
January/February: Family Information Meetings
March: Applications are due just before Spring Break
April/May: Students and families are notified if they have been invited to an interview with academy staff
May: Final admissions decisions are made and students and families are notified