The Willamette University College of Law Moot Court Board has a long tradition of promoting the art of appellate and trial advocacy by sponsoring various competitions and providing educational seminars. The Board dates back to 1916 and is the oldest student-run organization at the College of Law. The Board is committed to helping Willamette Law students improve their skills as advocates in a competitive environment.
2020 Order of Barristers Inductees (left to right): Mikayla Frei, Kyleigh Gray, Mason Kriz, Julia Monroe, Nick Triplett, Eden Vasquez, Michael Wallace, Dale Wilhelm, and Nathaniel Woodward.
- AAJ Trial Competition: Dale Wilhelm & Julie Schweitzer
- 2nd Place: Andie Harrison Doherty & Jennifer Senner
- National Appellate Competition: Michael Wallace & Mikayla Frei
- 2nd Place: Kyleigh Gray & Eden Vasquez
- Don Turner Criminal Trial Competition: Nick Triplett & Alicia Wilson
- 2nd Place: Andie Harrison Doherty & Samatha Galimba
- Spaulding Civil Trial Competition:
- Open Appellate Competition:
- First-Year Appellate Competition:
- AAJ Trial Competition: September 7-12, 2019
- National Appellate Competition: October 7-10, 2019
- Don Turner Criminal Trial Competition: November 4-7, 2019
- Spaulding Civil Trial Competition: Jan. 21-24, 2020
- Open Appellate Competition: Feb. 17-20, 2020
- Negotiations Competition: March 7, 2020
- First-Year Appellate Competition: TBD
- Moot Court Competition: October 12-16, 2020
Moot Court Event
Don Turner Moot Court Competition
October 12 -16, 2020
This year the Don Turner Competition will be held remotely in October. This is a criminal trial competition. It is one of two competitions held by the Moot Court Board that is open to all 2Ls and 3Ls. Any competitor may compete for credit. In order to get credit, you must do 52 hours of academic work towards preparation for the competition and sign up for credit on SAGE (view the competition schedule).
If you are interested in volunteering please fill out our volunteer sign up form.