Willamette University MBA’s Career Management staff offer resources, education, networking, internships, and interview preparation to students and alumni.
Help from the Start
We take a personalized approach to career management, connecting before you even start classes at Willamette. We are so committed to your career success that we include a required course for first year students emphasizing career planning, interviewing skills and exploring a variety of jobs and industries.
Our curriculum and activities are designed to provide numerous interactions with potential employers throughout your time at Atkinson:
- Career Fairs on campus -- opportunities to meet with employers in small groups
- Mock interviews
- Employer Spotlights -- learn about specific companies at presentations on campus.
- Industry panel discussions
- Personal referrals to employers and job interviews on campus.
- Site visits to companies in Portland, Seattle and San Francisco
- Visits to industry and demographic-specific career fairs nationwide
- Access to customized online resources such as GoinGlobal, InterviewStream, and Handshake.
Many full-time students do internships between their first and second years. Often, the internships are extended and result in full-time employment. Most internships are paid and receive academic credit. We will help arrange an internship that suits your interests and career goals.
The Willamette MBA program encourages formal mentorship. Mentors provide ongoing support, job shadowing and networking opportunities. Career Management staff will work to find a mentor who is a good match for your interests and personality.
Take Charge of Your Career
You can count on the Willamette MBA program to offer extensive support and resources throughout your job search.
MBA for Professional students (evening program) receive all the services available to full-time students. We will help you create a customized plan, accessing all of the career-building tools you need.
Willamette MBA offers lifetime career management assistance. All the services you receive while you are a student - job postings, career fairs, personal meetings - are at your disposal throughout your career as an MBA alum.