CHINA TRIP DATES: Spring Break - March 23 - 31, 2019
- GSM7261G is a one credit independent study course and will be graded. Credits for this course will count towards graduation requirements.
- Professor: Professor Gary Knight
- Assistant Dean: Beth Ursin organizes the trip portion of the course
- Who is Eligible to Apply: Current students of the Willamette University Early Career and Career Change MBA or the MBA for Professionals (prerequisites listed below). As part of the MBA for Life program, graduates of either program are also eligible to apply.
Early Career and Career Change MBA students: Completed or concurrent enrollment in first semester PACE course and in good academic and conduct standing at time of registration for course. Must complete all PACE career management requirements prior to commencing travel.MBA for Professional students: Completed or concurrent enrollment in LEAD and in good academic and conduct standing at time of registration for course. Must complete all LEAD requirements prior to commencing travel.Exchange students and Accelerated MBA students: Completed one semester of Willamette MBA coursework and in good academic and conduct standing.
- Tuition: None for GSM7261G
- Course requires attendance and participation in a class session prior to the trip. Class Date will be Saturday, March 2, 2018.
- Itinerary: Sample Itinerary from China can be viewed here - (subject to change)
Estimated Costs: All inclusive of program fee, airfare, visa and meals on your own - estimate - $XXX
- Program Fee: $XXX (includes in country travel and transportation, double occupancy hotel rooms, Some meals). Students wanting a single room will pay an additional fee of $XXX.
- Airfare: $1500 estimated
- Visa is required: $140 to $220 for tourist visa
- Estimated additional Costs: $300 (including meals not included in program fee etc)
Application Process: Application form
- July 9 - Priority Application Deadline - Interview required to register for the course
- December 1 - Full payment required. NO REFUNDS AFTER THIS DATE
Refund Policy: There will be no refunds after December 1, 2018 due to policies and procedures with our international partners.
Passport and Visa Information: Start this process no later than 90 days ahead.
- Valid passport is required
- Valid Visa is required. Cost is $140 for US citizens. Fees may vary for students from other countries. Learn about the Chinese visa process here. For a fee, you can also use a service called Travisa which will help you get your passport and visa. Information on what you need for China and their application here.
COURSE DESCRIPTION AND RATIONALE
This is a one-credit course that includes an international study trip to China in March 2019. The trip includes visits to numerous companies and other organizations in Shanghai and Beijing. In this course we study (i) fundamentals of international business, (ii) the environments and challenges of emerging markets, (iii) strategies and operations for succeeding in emerging markets, and (iv) specific aspects of business in China.
Class sessions will be held before and after the trip on Saturdays. Attendance is required.
Questions? Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org