To inform external contacts about the winter break closure you can add an auto reply "vacation" message to the google groups used as contact email addresses for your division, department or office. Auto reply messages are sent automatically when people email the group. These replies let senders know their messages have been received and can be use to set expectations about when they might expect a reply. You can also set up different auto replies for senders inside and outside of Willamette. They can be set up using these 5 easy steps.
Set up auto replies
- Sign in to Google Groups.
- Click the name of a group you wish to add an auto reply to.
- On the left, go to Group settingsEmail options.
- In the Auto replies section, check the boxes next to the replies that you want to turn on and then enter a message.
- Check "Enable auto-reply to non-members outside the organization" to set up an auto reply for senders outside of Willamette (non-Willamette email address).
- Check "Enable auto-reply to non-members inside the organization." to set up a auto reply for senders with Willamette email address.
- Click Save changes.
To turn off the auto replies in January simply repeat Steps 1-3 above and in Step 4 uncheck the auto reply options you want to discontinue.
If you have questions about setting up an auto reply, please contact the WITS Help Desk at 503-370-6767 or firstname.lastname@example.org.