MLK Celebration's Into the Streets is Willamette's annual service event dedicated to honoring the legacy of the Rev. Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Event is on Saturday, Feb. 6, from 11:15 a.m. to 2 p.m. This year, Into the Streets will be hosting on-campus, off-campus, and remote/accessible service activities featuring the following community partners.
- Helping the SOAR Center resources become online-accessible
- Folding hospital gowns for medical workers at Salem Hospital
- Decorating welcome mats for Shangri-La residents
- Weeding and gardening with Zena Farm Club
- Reviewing select WU webpages (online) to ensure they are accessible in partnership with Accessibility Education Services
- Tree planting with Professor of Biology David Craig
Spots are limited this year, so be sure to sign up in advance.
Email questions and concerns to Sophie Bunch.
If you require disability accommodation for this event, contact the Office of Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion at 503-370-6195.