We're looking for undergraduate students with customer service experience and computer skills to join us for 8–20 hours a week during the fall 2021 semester. Positions are onsite in the Smullin Help Desk and adjacent Equipment Desk.
Help Desk technicians perform the following duties:
- Provide technology support and training for faculty, staff and students via in-person, phone and email contacts.
- Maintain a friendly and professional demeanor.
- Follow all social distancing and hardware disinfection protocols in compliance with Oregon state policies for the duration of COVID-related restrictions.
- Perform troubleshooting of network connections, computer systems and applications.
- Triage incoming support requests to the proper division within WITS.
- Manage the check-out and check-in of circulation equipment.
- Make occasional classroom deliveries and setup of audio/video hardware.
- Document work activity and customer contacts using a ticketing system.
- Adhere to a regular weekly work schedule.
- Clean and maintain the Help Desk and Equipment Desk.
- Obtain knowledge of WITS policies, help resources, services and staff.
- Participate in special projects as required.
- Other duties as assigned by full-time WITS staff.
Please apply on Handshake if you think you'd be a good fit for WITS.