Social media administrators who are graduating or leaving the university, do you have someone designated to take over the social media accounts for your office, student organization, department or other Willamette-affiliated entity next year?
- Before you leave Willamette, please pass the login credentials and permissions to your next generation of administrators.
- Email me, Director of Digital Communications Tom Mayhall Rastrelli, with your updated administrators' names, so I can update my records and reach out to them if they need support next year.
- Don't let your account become a zombie that lives online forever but with no new content.
- Find a student or employee to take over the account and give them the login credentials and account permissions.
- If you don't have someone to take over the account or don't have time to deal with it, please email me, Director of Digital Communications Tom Mayhall Rastrelli, so that I can assist you and safeguard the accounts until the next generation of leadership arrives in the fall.
Friendly reminders for social media managers
- Be sure that your Willamette-affiliated accounts on platforms that require a single sign-in, such as Instagram, Twitter, TikTok and Snapchat, have an @willamette.edu email address as their recovery email address.
- Check the administrator and moderator permissions on your Willamette-affiliated Facebook, LinkedIn and YouTube accounts. Please remove any students and employees who are leaving Willamette at the end of the semester.
- If you have a departmental or office account that has yet to be listed in the Social Media Directory, please contact me so I can be of assistance in getting your account added to the directory.
- If you are managing a Willamette-affiliated account and are interested in being on the Social Media Advisory Committee next year, please contact me.
- Thank you, social media administrators, editors and content producers, for all of the hard work you did to create content and share your portion of the Willamette story online this year.
- Have a fantastic summer.