Join this weekend’s Commencement celebrations by sharing social media posts with the Willamette community online. Since we can’t all meet in person, help us make these celebrations as fun, festive and joyful as we can for the Class of 2021.
In the coming days, Willamette’s social media staff will repost photos and story posts on the @willamette_u Instagram story that you share of your at-home and small-group celebrations.
How to participate
- In order for us to find your posts and to consider sharing them to Willamette’s Instagram/Facebook story, do one of the following:
- Use #Willamette2021 on posts to your Instagram feeds or other social media.
- Tag @willamette_u on posts in your Instagram stories.
- Your posts must be public for us to be able to share it.
- Email your photos or short videos to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Public posts with #Willamette2021 published between now and Sunday will be considered for reposting to Willamette’s social media accounts.
What to share
- Graduates, share photos in your regalia and of your decorated mortar boards. Share photos from your open houses. Offer words of reflection or encouragement for your classmates. Make a celebratory boomerang or dance video.
- Community members, share photos or short videos celebrating the graduates. Have fun and be creative. Share words of praise or a good memory.
- Faculty members, feel free to don your regalia. Give kudos. Offer advice. Share a memory.
- Videos should be no more than 10 to 15 seconds.