1099MISC Tax Form Information for Independent Contractors and Honorariums

If you plan on paying a company or individual out of a university account, for a service performed for Willamette University, an IRS form W-9 must be completed by the company or individual and on file in Accounting. A W-9 form and ACH Authorization may be downloaded in Campus Use Forms

To determine whether an individual should be paid as an employee or independent contractor you may contact either Human Resources or If you aren't sure as to whether a W-9 form is on file please contact

Procedures for Inviting Foreign Nationals

If you are inviting a lecturer, performer or other visitor who is a non US citizen and will be receiving honorarium for services and/or reimbursement for expenses, download the Foreign National Packet.

Willamette University


University Services Building -- Rm 104
900 State Street
Salem Oregon 97301 U.S.A.
503-370-6104 voice
503-370-6633 fax

Back to Top