Campus Recreation seeks to create an open and welcome environment for individuals to feel their unique story is heard and that they can participate in whatever recreation and leisure they personally need. Our mission is provide the best possible experience through quality programming that is center around 6 functional areas:
- Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion- Students and employees are becoming more diverse on a broad range of dimensions including gender, sex, sexual orientation, language, age, ability status, national origin, religion, socio-economic status, as well as race, ethnicity, and heritage. our programs and services, as well as our employment model, seeks to address the environmental factors that influence performance, welcome, and affect overall wellbeing.
- Global Perspective- We seek to ensure we not only serve our non-US born students and staff, but also ensure our employees are cultural aware and sensitive to international perspectives and schools of thought.
- Health and Wellbeing- we seek to impact students through fostering an understanding and knowledge base for holistic wellness. Providing a frame work for the connectedness of the various dimensions of wellness.
- Leadership- as a department we hold to the "leaders eat last" philosophy. Our students help to lead the department and mold the direction we head from a on ground mentality.
- Service- Campus recreation employees are always looking for ways to provide community service to impact our university and salem communities.
- Sustainable Communities- We consider the environmental, economic, and social implications of programming and functions in all aspects of our department. Additionally, we always look for ways to make our practices more sustainable.