- Investopedia – A comprehensive, complimentary site full of educational and news-related resources in finance.
- “Becoming a Financial Analyst” – A step-by-step guide article from Investopedia outlining the steps one should take if interested in becoming a financial analyst.
- Financial Analyst Tests – These tests are post-graduate examinations individuals must pass for the purpose of industry certification.
- Securities Industry Essentials Exam (SIE) – A new pre-requisite exam to the Series 7 required starting October 2018.
- Series 7 – A federally mandated exam for those pursuing careers in stockbroking and the sale of securities products.
- Series 6 – An exam that entitles individuals with a securities license that permits the selling of products like annuities and mutual funds on behalf of a company.
- CFA Exam – The “gold standard” accreditation for financial analysts that which tests individuals on their understanding of finance, economics, and finance ethics.
- Investor’s Business Daily – A site with articles, guides, and research on markets and finance.
- The New York Times-Finance – Read about the newest trends and news in finance with your free subscription to the NYT, compliments of ASWU.
- Forbes Money – A complimentary feed of finance articles.
- The Professional Accounting Society of America (PASA) – A site with blog posts of professionals in business finance.
LinkedIn WU Community for Finance
- LinkedIn Willamette Alumni Search for “Finance”
- LinkedIn Willamette Alumni Search for “Financial Advisor”
- LinkedIn Willamette Alumni Search for “Financial Analyst”
Job and Internship Search Resources
- eFinancialCareers – An international job postings board for a variety of careers in finance.
- FinancialJobBank – A domestic job postings board for finance careers.
- Handshake – Job and Career Resources for Willamette students
- Indeed – A comprehensive job search resource, narrowing and using search feature is strongly encouraged.
- LinkedIn Finance Job Search – A LinkedIn job search for finance careers.