Articles, Blogs, and Resources
- General Information/Overview on Teaching Abroad, University of Michigan (Helping and comprehensive information to orient you to the process of teaching abroad.)
- List of Government-Sponsored Teaching Abroad Programs (Programs offered through a country’s government are often the most vetted, and are a good place to start your search.)
- Transitions Abroad Broad resources and articles on working, teaching, interning, volunteering and living abroad.
Specific Programs to Consider
These are just a few of the many programs Willamette students have considered or participated in. It’s important to research programs using the guidelines in the articles above.
- JET (Japan)
- KET (Japan)
- Teach Thailand Corps
- TAPIF (France)
- EPIK (Korea)
- Lingnan University, Hong Kong - Visiting English Tutors
- Cultural Ambassadors Teaching English in Spain
- Teach Thailand
Fulbright English Teaching Assistant Program
Many Willamette students over the years have been funded by U.S. Student Fulbright grants to carry out research or creative projects or to pursue graduate work. The program funds more than 3000 recent graduates and graduate students every year in more than 160 countries.